Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Voulez-vous etudier avec moi, ce soir?

I'm happy to announce that I passed the French language exam! (And I didn't even have to re-write it due to poor penmanship.) Thanks to all my faithful readers for your prayers. I don't think that prayer can make someone pass, however, I do believe prayer can help someone to do their best. And I believe that I did that day and these are the good results. For those of you keeping score, that's two languages down (French and Latin) and one to go (German). I will be taking German this summer (an intensive course) so I will be asking for continued prayer. These language requirements were the most intimidating thing to me coming into this program, and it is amazing to think that I am 2/3rds of the way there to completing the requirements.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackson: Congratulations on passing your French compentency test, that is outstanding! It is just one more hurdle that you have gone over in your marathon to earn a doctorate, watching you through this process has just been amazing to me. I admire your ability to just keep going, no matter how sick you are of studying, you just reach a little deeper and get it done. I love that about you. Dad

Anonymous said...

PRAISES!! Once again the unbeatable combo of God's graces and your hard work has done the job. He continues to just shower blessings on the good work that both you and Julie do, doesn't he?

I am very happy for you!

And does that title say "would you like to study with me tonight?"
Isn't there a song that goes something like that?
Press on........Love, MomK

Jackson said...

You did get the joke! That is what the title says, of course the song title and lyric is a bit more, shall we say "saucier" but I thought that this phrase suited me well.

Anonymous said...

Felicitations! Comme tu lis le francais maintenant je peux t'ecrire en francais. Malheureusement je commence d'oublier tout. Mon mari ne me laisse plus parler en fracaise parce qu'il le faut bien apprendre l'anglais (bien qu'il exige me parler en francais lui-meme.) En tout cas je suis fier de toi. Ton amie francophonie. (Tu vas m'excuser si je fais des fautes. Comme j'ai dit, je ne parle plus beaucoup et c'est rare que j'ecris en francais.)

Jackson said...

Dear Anonymous-

Impressive. Believe me, I have nothing to correct you on - you seem much more advanced than me. Your French seems perfect. Please step out of the shadows and identify yourself. :)

Anonymous said...

Tu me connais bien mais tu m'as oubliee. :) Je te donnerai un indice de mon identite. J'adore tous les chansons avec the rythme de 6/8. (Ce n'est pas que je ne te veux pas savoir mon nom. Mais ce jeu est amusant et comme ca je peux savoir si tu comprendre vraiment le francais.) :)

Jackson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jackson said...

JEN SIGL!!! J'ai ne oubliee pas vous. Jamais! Je pense et prie pour vous souvent. Comment allez-vous? Que faites-vous maintenant? (Feel free to correct my poor compositions skills.) :)