Monday, July 02, 2007

Aussordentlich!

Dear Faithful Readers and Prayers-

I am happy to report that I passed my German exam! This means that I have officially completed the language requirements of my program. This is a great accomplishment for me as language was the area of my program that most intimidated me. But it is safely behind me. Now I will be using the languages I have learned all along; but there is no more test to pass. Though I must report that, according to my German prof Dr. Jamison, who is an occasional reader, I apparently flubbed the word order of the previous post's title. Oh well, we did not learn composition.

With German behind me, I am done with classes until the end of August. Currently I am in Clear Lake, Iowa celebrating the fourth of July with my family. From here I will be heading to Knoxville to stand up in my friend Jack King's wedding. And then home to Milwaukee for a month and a half without class. My plan is to study and read in the day - I will be reading the works of Irenaeus to decide a dissertation topic and will be doing daily translation work in all of my languages so as not to lose them. Me genoito!!! And then at night I plan to do nothing but hang out with my wife. Can't wait!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, friend my!

Kelli B said...

WORD!

Way to go, Jackson! That is a major accomplishment and milestone in your schooling right now.

I'm so excited! And glad you have some "free time" at your hands for the next few months. Enjoy!

Jackson said...

Thanks Craig - you have German sentence structure just about down. :)

Kelli - maybe I can catch up with your ridiculous reading pace. But I doubt it. Still on Les Mis!!!

Julie said...

Congratulations indeed! I love that you have a full year of course work and all your languages under your belt! However, I must say that I LOOOOVE that we can play by the lake, ride bikes and do anything but study when I get home from work! Yipee! :) Say hello to the rest of the Lashiers for me....Love you-

Anonymous said...

Jackson,

Wenn Sie und Julie einen Platz brauchen, in Ihrem Reisen zu oder von Knoxville zu bleiben, der Sie sind, begrüßen Aufenthalt mit uns in Lexington. Lassen Sie uns gerade wissen.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jackson! Glad you now have some time to relax. Blessings,

Matt Purmort (I was too lazy to sign on my blogger account.)

Matthew said...

Congrats, my friend. Love you and miss you. I knew you could do it. I have the utmost faith in you, you know that. But I must say, I don't think I'm a fan of the way German feels in my mouth when I say it. It seems a bit spitty. And as they say, "Say it, don't spray it!" (Not sure who "they" are, or why they say this, but it just seems more than a bit appropo. I need to see me some Lashiers! Oh yeah--I got on a kick and posted TWICE on my blog today...Give it a read when you get a chance. :)

Julie said...

Congratulations, Jackson! I am a little jealous of all your time off...too bad all of us can't be there to play with you!

Love and miss you both,
Jules

r o b said...

congrats j-dawg! hope your "break" is a good one. you and the ball and chain should swing by here on your way back home. what? its totally on the way.

Cindy said...

Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Jackson: Nice going, I knew that you could do it, just like you have accomplished all of the other hurdles in your path. It is easy for me to sit in Iowa and say, "You can do that Jackson"! It is quite another thing to go to class 90 minutes a day and then study a language you don't really care about for another 4 to 5 hours a day during the summer months! AMAZING MY SON! God and your dad are very proud of your perserverance in every single thing you do in your life. I am proud to be your Dad! Dad