Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A Glimpse of the Church Year


As I have been doing a lot of blogging on the church calendar lately, I thought that it might be helpful to provide a visual aid of the year and the different seasons and celebrations. This picture was sketched by Rev. J.D. Walt, the dean of the chapel at Asbury Theological Seminary. He also writes a blog, which I would highly encourage any of my readers to check out, if you don't already: www.farmstrong.blogspot.com. Thanks for the sketch JD!

3 comments:

Kelli B said...

Okay, so this is definately not post-related, but i had to tell you this. We were driving to work the other day when the song by Barenaked Ladies "If I Had a Million Dollars" came over the radio. I was taken back to my senior year, driving in the church van, laughing ourselves silly as you sang this song and laughed.

Good times, good times.

Thanks for your posts, Jackson. For me and any other non-seminary going folks, it's good to be challenged and taught things I would not learn on an ordinary Sunday or in other ways. :) I appreciate it!

Jackson said...

I often think of the day that you all convinced me to watch "Bring It On" on my computer in the youth room - by the grace of God it did not work!

"I said burr. It's cold in here . . ."

Kelli B said...

...there must be some clovers in the atmosphere...

haha!!! i KNOW...oh those were crazy days!