Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Update on the Dreaded Retake

To all my faithful bloggers and prayers-

Thank you for your prayers this morning. I know that some say "I felt your prayers today," and while I cannot say that I felt anything supernatural this morning, I did feel the test went well. The question I had hoped would be on there was - I wrote three pages this morning on the differences between Catholicism and Martin Luther's doctrine of justification by faith. And I think that it went well. I did the best that I could do. It is hard to be overly optimistic as I felt that I did great on this section the first time around, but I will dwell on it. For now I will just return to studying my normal material and wait on the examiners to make out my scrawly handwriting. Let us hope that they experience something supernatural so that they can make out what apparently is the worst handwriting to ever come out of Marshalltown Iowa. :)

Today at 3:30 I present a paper and after that I believe that I am done until my final two papers and my final Latin exam. Which means I should start studying for them, oh I don't know, yesterday!

4 comments:

Julie said...

so glad it went well, my friend! just so you know, my student who reads/loves your blog prayed for you, too. she thinks you're pretty amazing and might even like you better than me!

Jackson said...

Thanks for the encouragement Dad and Julie. And thanks for the prayers.

And nice picture Julie. You should tell this student of yours who reads to comment. Would love to hear her thoughts.

Jackson said...

What a great picture of Christ,to serve those who would revile you in silence. Wish I could be on that serving committee because those Phelps people really anger me. Reminds me of the Isaiah 53:7 passage: "He was oppressed and He was afflicted, Yet He did not open His mouth; Like a lamb that is led to slaughter, And like a sheep that is silent before its shearers, So He did not open His mouth."

Thanks for the updates on the playoffs.

Kelli B said...

so a lady i work with has a son who's in the playoffs for Valley. It's kind of exciting to have an "in" to the playoffs.

And crazy about Lutheran Church of Hope! is that where your parents are attending? We've been there a couple times...but havent bumped into them. I'm excited to hear the results of the picketing. What and why are they picketing?