Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Doxology

Though nothing beats, in my opinion, the theology in the old hymns of the church, I find that many of the newer, "contemporary" (oh how I despise that word) songs are also often filled with profound thoughts. Here are a few of my favorites, quotes from some of the younger saints in this communion of ours. Feel free to edify us with some of your favorites.

-----------------

"All the heavens cannot hold you Lord,
how much less to dwell in me?
I can only make my one desire:
Holy unto Thee."

-Third Day

-------------------

"Give me one pure and holy passion,
Give me one magnificent obsession.
Give me one glorious ambition for my life:
To know and to follow after you.

"To know and to follow hard after you,
To grow as your disciple in your truth.
This world is empty, pale, and poor
Compared to knowing you my Lord.
Lead me on, and I will run after you.
Lead me on, and I will run after you."

-Passion Worship Band

-----------------------

"Be my vision and I'll be your delight."

-Point of Grace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blessed be your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's all as it should be
Blessed be your name
And Blessed be your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be your name



No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
'Till He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand

Coming to my mind are those 2 sets of lyrics that never fail to move me when I'm singing them.
Would love to hear more. MomK

Jackson said...

Great words. Thanks for sharing!