Wednesday, January 09, 2008

An Old Look at a New Beginning

My apologies to all three of my readers for this extended holiday I have been on. What can I say? Things get in the way - like Christmas travels, football playoffs, the first season of LOST on DVD. What the heck is that island? No spoilers please. So as I relish the last few days of my vacation before the monster strikes again, I thought I'd provide for your reading enjoyment an old piece I wrote for the Iowa State Daily on New Beginnings. A bit cheesy I admit but appropriate for the start of 2008. You can read it here.

2 comments:

Kelli B said...

One of my favorite lines from a movie "I like corny. I could use a little corny in my life right now."

I think it's great you used to be a columnist! Here's to a New Year, New Beginnings, 2008. Enjoy your last few days off.

Anonymous said...

Jackson: Eight years ago, wow, where have those years gone? You are a different person in many ways now, but in many ways you are the same person. You have had so many start-overs during those years and it never gets easier, does it?

I remember when I was in sales and usually December was the end of our sales year. I always hated January because it seemed to me that I had just fallen off the mountain and was down at the bottom fighting my way up again. Even though I had done it before successfully, there is always that feeling of what if I can't do it this year, what if I'm a failure, what if?

So, Januarys were always hard for me. Eventually I talked myself into revving up the engine again and getting going, but starting over is always psychologically tough.

Good luck with your start-over, it will be your last semester of class work and that in itself should spur you on to great heights this semester! I love you for trying. Dad