Monday, December 03, 2007

ADVENTUS

"Tears are falling, hearts are breaking.
How we need to hear from God.
You've been promised, we've been waiting.
Welcome Holy Child.

"Hope that you don't mind our manger.
How I wish we would have known.
But long awaited Holy Stranger,
Make yourself at home.

Bring your peace into our violence.
Bid our hungry souls be filled.
Word now breaking heaven's silence.
Welcome to our world.

"Fragile fingers sent to heal us.
Tender brow prepared for thorn.
Tiny heart, whose blood will save us
unto us is born.

"So wrap our injured flesh around you.
Breath our air and walk our sod.
Rob our sin and make us holy.
Perfect son of God.

Welcome to our world."

-Chris Rice

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackson: Great poem, where do you find these gems? I admire you for finding the time to post anything with the schedule you have been maintaining the last 3 weeks! God knows how hard you are working to follow his will for your life, I am in awe that you can keep the schedule you do and not lose your sanity! Bless you my son, that amazing Iowa work ethic is serving you very well. As always, you make me so proud. Dad

Julie said...

Oh, how I love this Christmas hymn. Thank you for reminding me of this beautiful song as Advent begins...

P.S. You must play this for your Dad! If he loves it in print, he will really love it when Chris Rice sings it!