Monday, September 17, 2007

The Communion of Saints - One Year Later

I am happy to announce to all of my readers that the Communion of Saints blogspot (hereafter CoS) has officially been in existence for a year today. I am carefully to add "blogspot" to the previous statement for I in no way want to imply that the Communion of Saints has been around for just a year. As I hope this blog has witnessed to, the Communion of Saints is a living communion that has existed since that original Pentecost nearly 2000 years ago. And according to Hebrews, our Fathers and Saints (that great cloud of witnesses) extends back into Israel's story, the communion of saints in potentia perhaps.

We have seen and, hopefully, experienced a bit of that communion here as I have tried to bring to the table pertinent topics for discussion and debate. I have also tried to represent significant voices from our past who we might not have been aware of, voices of the great Fathers like Irenaeus and Augustine. And we have heard from the living saints - you my readers, if there are any of you left. :) Of course, communion in cyber space is less than perfect for it is disembodied and the church, if anything is an embodied entity. Yet reading one another's thoughts and dialoging here can be a form of communion and can encourage us to seek out our local communities and foster embodied relationships there.

In honor of the passing of the year, I would like to offer you a few of my favorite posts from this past year. Enjoy! And as Babu Bhatt (of Seinfeld fame) said: "Tell your fliends!"






Post which generated the most comments: Authentic Community


Most meaningless post: A Bit of Levity


Post with the biggest rant: Let's Leave THEM Behind

3 comments:

Julie said...

Babe-I love that you continue to post your thoughts on this page. I appreciate that you are continually striving to apply what you are learning in those ridiculous classes to everyday life in the church and world. So in summary...I think you and your blog are great...and pretty good looking too! Love, your wifey

craigeroo said...

Babe-I love that you continue to post your thoughts on this page. I appreciate that you are continually striving to apply what you are learning in those ridiculous classes to everyday life in the church and world. So in summary...I think you and your blog are great...and pretty good looking too! Love, your wifey

Anonymous said...

Jackson: I've enjoyed a year of reading your blogs. Prior to this, I didn't even know what a blog was and once I got into it, I felt compelled to comment on almost all of your blogs. It is one of my ways of letting you know I am thinking about you, even when you least expect it! Keep them coming, sometimes your intellect is over my head, but that makes me stretch too and so I will continue to be a faithful reader. Dad